As you age, it becomes highly important that you start taking care of yourself. You might look at movie stars or other celebrities who are over 45 but look almost 10 years younger and envy them. However, it is not something impossible. It is just that they take excellent care of themselves. So, what can you do? Ayurveda offers the perfect solution for people over 45. Read on to know more.
Take care of your Kapha
Kapha provides you with endurance, strength, stamina, etc. Therefore, to support your kapha, you must;
- Make sure you detox or cleanse your body regularly. Panchakarma is one of the best cleansing treatments, which is said to be extremely beneficial. It will help you get rid of all the toxins, boosting your digestive system.
- It is important to start your day with a glass of warm milk with a spoon of Chyavanprash. Chyavanprash is good for the health and offers rejuvenating and cleansing properties.
- When you eat your meals, try to incorporate various colors on your plate. For example, include dal (yellow), some green leafy veggies (green), beets or berries (red), etc. This will help you consume all the necessary nutrients without any fuss.
- Don’t consume anything that is too spicy, salty, or sour.
- Eat protein every day. Whole milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, quinoa, beans, lentils, nuts, seeds, chia, hemp seeds, tofu, tempeh, and avocados offer great amounts of protein and are easy to digest.
- Always drink plenty of water.
- Make sure you sleep for 7-8 hours.
- Triphala is excellent and helps cleanse always the toxins nightly. For additional advantage, consume this herb with ½ teaspoon of ghee and honey.
- Make sure you consume only three meals every day. Give more importance to your breakfast and lunch. You must consume a light dinner.
- Try not to eat after nightfall.
- Avoid snacking.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, try to avoid meat at least once a week. This is because meat is not easy to digest.
- Try to consume less fried food.
- If you are someone who feels sleepy after each meal or has a difficult time waking up in the morning, then you must talk to your Ayurvedic practitioner and he can prescribe some herbal medications to help you combat your issues.
- Practice Abhyanga regularly. Abhyanga is a self-massage technique, which will help you get rid of all the tiredness and strengthen the tissues.
- It is said that ashwagandha is an immensely beneficial herb.
- Consuming Shilajit with hot milk or Ghee and honey for 2-3 months will keep your tissues healthy.
- Exercise regularly.
- Do stretching every day and partake in baths with Epsom salts regularly.
Your pitta is responsible for all the stress, anger, resentment, control, etc. Hence, you must maintain a balance in your pitta to keep yourself calm and relaxed.
- Make sure you practice meditation regularly. If you are not into meditation, you can start praying every day. Initially, you can start with 10 minutes and work your way up. During your meditation, just concentrate on yourself and practice self-love.
- You can ask your Ayurvedic practitioner for medicinal herbs if you feel your pitta is not in control.
- Take a green glass bottle. Place it in the sun for the whole day and keep drinking this water. It is said to create a balance and cool your heart center.
- Avoid consuming leftover food, too much-fermented food, eggplant, tomatoes, and oily food as they can aggravate your pitta.
- Always make time for a few laughs. Avoid worrying, overthinking, and taking tension.