You have the rights under the law if you have been injured by someone through their negligence in driving a vehicle. Below are the reasons why you need a car accident attorney after a car collision so as to protect your rights:
- Time limitation: in many countries, the statute of limitation for filing a claim for car accident is between one or two years. If you do not file within that time then you can lose the right to sue forever.
- Comply with certain rules: After the accident, you must file a police report or notice within the given period of time. An attorney who is experienced will be familiar with the laws and can help you make sure you don’t do anything that jeopardizes your right to sue the party responsible for your injury.
- Different agenda of insurance companies: there are many insurance companies that aim to protect their insured’s and to compensate them for the damages. They also aim to keep costs down and reduce their overhead. Hiring an attorney can be the best way to insure you have a lawyer for your interests.
- Understanding your potential damages: there are a bundle of potential damages available to people who are injured in a car collision. Adding the medical bills you may be able to recover the lost wages, pain and suffering and emotional distress. Hiring an attorney is best for being aware of all the potential legal rights to recovery.
- Liability proving can be difficult: As there are several elements that go in to winning a personal injury lawsuit, you should hire a lawyer who understands the law and also who can provide reference to cases, citations and other sources of law that supports your position.
So hiring an attorney can provide you with peace of mind and would also help you get the desired result.